Treating alcohol and drug addictions typically require different levels of care. The best choice for clients depends on the severity of their disorder and their current support system. One form of treatment that combines the benefits of inpatient and outpatient treatment is partial hospitalization programs. PHP treatment provide flexibility to clients for whom an extended inpatient stay would not be suitable. One benefit of partial hospitalization for addiction treatment is that it allows people to live at home while receiving treatment.
What is Partial Hospitalization?
Partial hospitalization for addiction treatment gives clients the opportunity to receive intensive treatment for addiction disorders. Besides addiction, other disorders that benefit from a partial hospitalization program (PHP) include those with mental health and behavioral disorders. Many individuals struggling with substance abuse issues have co-occurring disorders like depression or anxiety.
The best candidates to receive PHP treatment include those who fit into either of the following groups:
- Those who have recently completed an inpatient or residential stay for addiction issues who would benefit from a continuing on in a structured treatment environment as they transition back to regular life
- Those whose addiction issues do not require the intensity of an inpatient or residential treatment program
Anyone looking to take part in PHP treatment should display some level of stability and not require around-the-clock care. That way, they can fully participate and engage in all therapeutic activities. PHP clients must display some level of independent living and have stable housing available.
How Does Partial Hospitalization for Addiction Treatment Work?
Candidates to receive partial hospitalization for addiction treatment from Atlantic Recovery Center undergo a thorough evaluation by staff clinicians. We look at the current state of the patient and consider factors like their current mental health, whether they can live at home without constant supervision, and if they are psychologically ready to participate.
Once clients are deemed ready to begin treatment in a PHP, we work with them to come up with a customized program that suits their needs. Atlantic Recovery Center focuses on helping clients develop critical skills needed to stay in recovery while in the real world.
- Coping skills to handle addiction triggers
- Social skills needed to effectively navigate in a school, work, or other social environment
- Communication skills to better communicate their needs without resorting to destructive behavior
- Employment skills to help find a job and live independently
- Life skills needed to navigate daily life
We believe reinforcing these skills in our clients helps them avoid relapsing when they encounter stressful situations. They can be applied to an outpatient treatment or aftercare program.
What Programs are Available in Partial Hospitalization for Addiction Treatment?
Clients taking part in Atlantic Recovery Center’s partial hospitalization for addiction treatment gain access to most of the therapies and programs available to those taking part in residential treatment.
- Group therapy — Clients engage in sessions with people going through similar experiences. It’s a chance to hear the perspectives of others while sharing your story.
- Individual therapy — Clients receive one-on-one time with a therapist to work through issues related to addiction. They also offer guidance on helping them cope with other problems in their life, like peer pressure or other stress that drives addictive behavior.
- Family therapy — Clients sit down with family members and therapists, who guide everyone through the work needed to address past and current issues. The overall goal is to keep everyone on track to rebuild bonds of trust.
Our team does its best to make sure each client gets an individualized experience as they work through addiction issues in a partial hospitalization program. We always remain open to changing elements of a client’s treatment if it would increase their chances of achieving long-lasting recovery.
Get Partial Hospitalization Treatment for Addiction at Atlantic Recovery Center
Learn more about the PHP program offered at our facility by calling 1-866-824-5193. There’s no reason for you to be alone while battling your addiction.