Atlantic Recovery Center Coronavirus Policy Update
As we closely monitor the ongoing Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak, we are taking every precaution to ensure our top priority remains the health, safety, and well-being of our clients and staff. This guides each and every decision we make.
We have and will continue to follow the guidelines of our local health departments, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC} the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Broward and Palm Beach County Health Departments. As a result, we stay current on this evolving situation, we want to assure you that we are taking the appropriate and precautionary measures, such as:
• Ensuring proper and rigorous cleaning and sanitation of common surfaces
• Requiring hourly sanitization of all staff and clients
• Provision of additional sanitizing products to our clients and staff
• Ongoing staff training to enhance cleaning and disinfecting procedures to maintain a healthy environment
• All employees are required to remain home in the event:
o They display any signs or symptoms of being ill. Employees who report to work ill will be sent home in accordance with these health guidelines.
oIf the employee has traveled outside of the state of Florida by any means or if an employee has traveled via cruise or airplane to any destination, that employee must report to management and Human Resources and self-isolate at that time.
Regarding current and admitted patient's change of schedule, the following has been implemented:
• Client outings have been temporarily postponed
• Grocery shopping will be completed by the facility staff
• Clients are urged to keep a safe distance from other persons
• Hourly mandatory hand washing breaks are in effect
• Clients have been instructed to report to medical staff any symptoms
• Additional Health screenings will be conducted at that time of admission
• Clients will not be admitted to the facility if any of the following symptoms are present:
o Fever above 100 degrees
o Consistent Dry Coughing
o Shortness of Breath
o Severer body aches, that surpass PAWS range and/or
o Sore Throat
If a client does contract coronavirus, they will be isolated and quarantined on location. The client will only be handled by designated staff with the proper PPE. The local Department of Health (or equivalent agency) will be informed so that they may come out and provide further guidance on how to best handle the individual. All suspected cases are reported to the Department of Health (or local agency) who will be handling it accordingly. A deep cleaning will occur at the identified location.
Additional information regarding the virus can be found on the Broward Health Department's website or the Centers for Disease Control website.
We will continue to work together to ensure the safety of our patients and team members and adhere to any new regulatory changes as they come.
Opioid statistics reveal eye-opening facts regarding the use and abuse of opioid drugs. If you or someone important to you needs help overcoming opioid addiction, contact the Atlantic Recovery Center in Florida. We accept clients from the area and across the country in our residential treatment program. Keep reading to learn more about opioids and the sobering…
It’s hard to watch someone you love change in front of your eyes due to substance abuse disorders. However, Atlanta Recovery Center empowers both families and those experiencing drug and alcohol addiction. Our clients come to us seeking help and take advantage of the benefits of residential treatment in Florida. What’s at Stake? The National Institute on Drug…
Depression is a mental health disorder that affects millions of Americans each year. Symptoms of depression include persistent sadness, hopelessness, and defeat. These feelings are painful to endure day after day. Consequently, depression is often a forerunner of substance use disorder because people self-medicate in the hopes of feeling better. But, drugs that are used without a prescription, or…