There are a number of Miramar, FL drug treatment programs available, and the options can be overwhelming. What’s the difference between inpatient and outpatient care, and which option is right for you?
Inpatient vs. Outpatient: Knowing the Lingo
If you’ve ever seen a movie featuring rehab scenes, chances are good they were portraying an in-patient program. Individuals check into a facility for a set period, where they receive round-the-clock monitoring. Most of these establishments prohibit people from being able to come and go freely, although you’re free to leave the program at any time.
By contrast, you remain in your own home during outpatient care. You’ll attend program sessions periodically, but you continue to live at your residence the remainder of the time.
Which Drug Treatment Option Is Right for You?
Let’s take a look at a few pros and cons for each style of care:
● Intensive therapy and round the clock monitoring
● Highly controlled environment, removing any and all temptations
● Strong option for individuals prone to relapse
● Most expensive treatment option
● Does not simulate a real-world environment
● Most flexible treatment option
● Offers support while continuing to operate in the “real world”
● Can keep working and living your daily life
● Most cost-effective treatment option
● Does not remove you from a dangerous or tempting environment
So is that to say one is better than another? No. Each person and situation is unique. Having a frank discussion with your potential provider is the best way to determine what the right path is for you.
Partial Hospitalization Programs: The Middle Ground
What if there were a hybrid program, combining the best of both styles of care? At the Atlantic Recovery Center, that’s exactly what we offer. We tailor our outpatient programs to meet individual’s needs, and that can include full day, on-site treatment Monday through Saturday.
So if you’re looking for Miramar, FL drug treatment programs, contact us today and let’s see if we’re the right one for you.